Let’s make November 29 a global day to stop the genocide in Gaza
Millions of you have taken to the streets for the biggest events in the world for 20 years! We are grateful to each of you who, through your voices and creative actions, have built unprecedented people power to end the genocidal war against 2.3 million Palestinians in the besieged and occupied Gaza Strip.
You have shown significant solidarity with Palestinian rights by pressuring governments to act and hold accountable those complicit in the Israeli genocide in Gaza. In the countries of the Global South – from South Africa to Colombia – several states have severed diplomatic ties with Israel or expelled or recalled their ambassadors. Others have referred Israeli war criminals to the International Criminal Court.
Today, Western governments continue to arm, finance and provide political support for the Israeli genocide, promoting a new doctrine of extreme, irresponsible and unmasked violence against those who challenge the powers and their interests. It is a racist alliance of colonial regimes around the world, culminating in the massacre of Palestinians.
The water has flowed under the bridge – now we must tip the scales in favor of people power!
Ending all state complicity with the genocidal Israeli apartheid regime is more urgent than ever. The lives and livelihoods of Palestinians literally depend on it. To this end, and as time has shown, BDS is the most effective form of solidarity with the liberation struggle of the Palestinian people.
Under the banner, Unite to stop the genocide in Gaza and end apartheid!, the leading Palestinian BDS movement is calling for a global day of action on November 29, as a day of solidarity with the Palestinian people, to end the status quo with the Israeli apartheid state. We call for a worldwide intensification of peaceful mobilizations and expressions of solidarity to end the genocide including:
- Where possible, organize peaceful disruptions, sit-ins, occupations, etc. targeting policy makers, as well as businesses that facilitated genocide and apartheid (manufacturers, investment companies) and institutions (media, universities, cultural spaces, etc.).
- Disrupting the transportation of weapons or weapons parts to Israel, including in transit states, by supporting unions refusing to handle such shipments, as has been done in Belgium, the United States and the Spanish State, and as expressed by the unions in India. , Türkiye, Italy and Greece.
- Pressure parliaments and governments to cancel existing military contracts and agreements with Israel, as the Colombian president has publicly supported and as demanded by the BDS movement in Brazil, a demand supported by civil society and more than 60 parliamentarians from the country.
- Intensify all strategic economic boycott and divestment campaigns against complicit corporations, and intensify campaigns to cut all ties to Israeli apartheid and its complicit academic and cultural institutions as well as sports teams.
- Mobilize your community, union, association, church, social network, student government/union, city council, cultural center or other organization to declare itself an Apartheid Free Zone (AFZ) on November 29, if you have not already done so, and organize an event or solidarity action on November 29.
- Put pressure on your elected officials, where appropriate, through direct communication or direct collective action, to demand real pressure on the International Criminal Court (ICC) to urgently prosecute Netanyahu and all other Israeli officials responsible for genocide, apartheid and war crimes.
if not now, when?